"As Speaker of the MN House, I stood up to Tim Pawlenty and won. In Congress, you can count on me to stand up to Donald Trump."
-Margaret Anderson Kelliher
Minnesota’s 5th Congressional District includes: Brooklyn Center, Columbia Heights, Crystal, Edina, Fort Snelling, Fridley, Golden Valley, Hilltop, Hopkins, Minneapolis, Richfield, Robbinsdale, Spring Lake Park, St. Anthony, and St. Louis Park.
Our district is one of the most vibrant in the United States and I have spent my career working to make it an even better place to live, work, and play. My husband and I live in the Bryn Mawr neighborhood of Minneapolis. We have two adult children who attended and graduated from Minneapolis Public Schools.
- 12 years in the Minnesota House of Representatives
- Second woman to serve as Speaker of the House (4 years)
- Delivered on key issues:
- Passage of the Legacy Amendment for arts and humanities, clean water projects and the environment;
- Made history by overriding a Pawlenty veto that secured over $8.4 billion for transit and transportation investments;
- Created a nation-leading renewable energy standard for Minnesota;
- Increased funding for our public schools.
- Currently President and CEO of the Minnesota High Tech Association, a technology non-profit that improves our region by focusing on STEM education, workforce development, and jobs of the future.
- Teaching at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota
- Serving on the Board of Directors of the Greater Twin Cities United Way and the Textile Center of Minnesota
- Chairing Governor Dayton’s Broadband Task Force
- Former Trustee, MNSCU Board
- B.A. from Gustavus Adolphus College
- Master’s in Public Administration from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government